Company Description The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
About the job
An IKEA co-worker’s main task is to maximize sales and profitability in his/her area of responsibility using knowledge of the IKEA product range, local market conditions and the needs of customers. No other position in the IKEA store is more hands-on in terms of customer contact. Together with thousands of colleagues around the world, you will help to ensure the continued global success of the IKEA Concept – a concept that serves millions of satisfied customers each day.
- Maximizing sales and profitability by ensuring your area of responsibility is clean, tidy, fully stocked and correctly priced. You also ensure your products are in perfect condition at all times.
- Being passionate about the products you sell and actively learning about their features and benefits. You then want to share this knowledge with customers and colleagues.
- Actively approaching customers who you see need additional help, and advising them on the best solutions for their homes in order to sell more.
- Preparing your area of responsibility for stock replenishment and the next day’s business.
- Understanding your department’s action plans, and supporting the goals and targets set by your manager
- You are confident about approaching and talking to people in a polite and friendly manner.
- You are enthusiastic about working with others in a team.
- You have a flexible approach to work and are open to change.
- You have an interest in home furnishing and people’s everyday life at home.
- You can prioritise and organise your own work to make efficient use of your time.
- You are able to work on public holidays and weekends.
- You are willing to work on a contract basis from Feb 2020 - Aug 2020
Please apply by 29-FEB-2020